I received an e-mail earlier this evening from my original source, who has instructed me to abide by the High Court injunction and not jeopardise my legal position by releasing the information. My intent was to release the information around 8:00 pm NZ Time this evening. However, I am going to respect my source’s wishes. I sincerely apologise to anyone that has anxiously had to wait and is suffering from yet another agonising delay.
However, my source has asked me to issue the following ultimatum to EQC. “Either Ian Simpson agrees to schedule a debate with EQC Truths by 6:00 pm New Zealand Time on 11 April or else I will leak everything”. My source has left New Zealand and therefore is not bound to the terms of the High Court injunction, so he is immune to the legal repercussions.
In light of the foregoing development, I will wait for either Ian Simpson to agree to debate me, an unlikely prospect, or for my source to leak the information of his own volition. I need not jeopardise myself or place myself in a situation where I could be held liable for contempt of court when my original source is quite happy to leak the information and does not have to worry about any legal liability.
In the meantime, I will await developments. In the unlikely event that my source fails to fulfil his promise or even less likely prospect that Ian Simpson will agree to a debate, then I will indeed leak everything minus any identifiable information about individuals. EQC might have won an injunction, but it is powerless to enforce it if my overseas source goes through with the leak.
The people of Christchurch have only one more night left. I am also working on some more damming revelations that I will reveal in the coming days on EQC Truths. These revelations will shake (pun intended) the senior bureaucrats at EQC to the core.